Are you a Backend Developer looking for a challenge? Does a technical scaleup environment makes you tick? Do you believe that the buildings can become your personal assistant? Are you keen to apply your talents for developing our smart buildings cloud and edge technology? Are you interested in technology that is used daily by thousands of people? Read on.
bGrid is a fast-growing technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. The company was founded in 2015 based on the conviction that working becomes more efficient and enjoyable by designing smart buildings that are good for the environment, the users of the building and the building owners. bGrid achieves this through a smart sensor network that can be integrated with the known building management systems and lighting on one hand, and interact with individual users on the other. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces aka “Internet of Things” solutions. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate.
In this role you will work together in a multi-disciplinary team on the development of our Smart Buildings Solution, from concept stage through pilot testing and productizing. Specifically, you will be responsible for the development of the Backend Software, the core of our solution, as well as the data and CI/CD pipelines.
In this role you are responsible for:
- Design and implement software to run in Cloud and/or on our edge devices, from requirements to production and commercial deployment;
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software;
- Review code and design;
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources;
- Support software QA;
- Interface with hardware, firware and software design and development;
As software engineer at bGrid, you will report to our Engineering manager.
For this position bGrid is looking for a Backend software engineer, who likes to get involved with exciting concepts applied at well-known companies. Flexibility, enthusiasm and good technical skills are important. In this role you are responsible for:
- Experience in developing Backend software;
- Knowledge of Java and Python;
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud development is a plus;
- Ability to take a hands-on approach and dive into details where needed;
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work;
- Good working knowledge of English (written and verbal) with the ability to collaborate with others internally and externally;
- An interest in broadening your horizon.
- The opportunity to become part of a team of young, enthusiastic professionals in an innovative and fast growing international technology company;
- A dynamic and pleasant professional environment with room for initiative and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people;
- The opportunity to gain experience in one of the fastest growing ICT sectors, with international and iconic clients and projects;
- Ability to work in the heart of Amsterdam;
- Healthy work-life balance (on average);
- Free lunch;
- Participation in a pension program;
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the position and the experience of the candidate.
‘We want you to play a set of fun games to measure the fit for the job and our company. We believe in the idea that data from predictive hiring helps you as an applicant, and our company, to find the perfect fit’. Please click here -> https://app.equalture.com/en/vacancies/backend-developer-bgrid-718b42/apply
To apply for this job, send your application with motivation letter to email@example.com. Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated