Are you a commissioning engineer looking for a challenge? Does a technical scale up environment makes you smile? Do you believe that buildings can become your personal assistant? Are you keen to apply your talents for bringing international project to life with our smart buildings technology? Are you punctual, disciplined, cost conscious and resistant to pressure? Then read on!
bGrid is a fast-growing technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. The company was founded in 2015 based on the conviction that working becomes more efficient and enjoyable by designing smart buildings that are good for the environment, the occupants of the building and the building owners. bGrid has achieved this through a smart sensor network that can be integrated with the known building management systems and lighting on one hand, and interact with individual users on the other. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces aka “Internet of Things (IoT)” solutions. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate.
In this role you will work in a multi-disciplinary team on the implementation of our Smart Building Solution, starting in the engineering stage and up to testing, delivery and operations.
More specific, you will be responsible for the commissioning stage of our projects ensuring that the system complies to the functional specification agreed with the customer. This role has extensive interaction with external parties, most specifically the contractor who has installed our equipment to test and ensure the installation is correct and to remedy any errors. Within bGrid, this role will work in close cooperation with the project manager, the technical team developing, improving and supporting the product, and the operations team who support the process and takes ownership of the completed project. Onsite you will troubleshoot, validate and update the system and its components. In the office you will prepare the onsite works, configure and test the system remotely to ensure a swift process for our clients.
In this position, in addition to the responsibilities mentioned above, you will support the refinement of our commissioning process and develop the tools needed to execute the process effectively and efficiently. The role will be based in our Amsterdam office, but will involve about 30-50% work at our project locations, both in the Netherlands and abroad. As commission engineer at bGrid, you will report to our Operations Manager.
For this position bGrid is looking for an engineer with a background in Computer Science, Technical Informatics or equivalent, who likes to get involved with exciting concepts applied at well-known companies. Flexibility, enthusiasm and good technical skills and a thirst for solving problems are important. We are looking for someone with 2 or more years of relevant experience, and will assess your profile relative to the following attributes:
- Knowledge of building technology, IT, IoT and/or building automation
- Proven experience with excel, database, API, SQL queries and scripting
- Ability to take a hands-on approach and dive into details where needed
- Ability to solve problems with facts and trouble-shoot on basis of a structural approach
- Experience in co-operating with (building) contractors and handling customer-facing discussions
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Good command of English (and preferably Dutch, other languages are a plus)
- The ability to collaborate with others internally and externally
- An interest in broadening your horizons
- Willingness to travel abroad
- VCA basis (is a pre)
- The opportunity to become part of a team of young, enthusiastic professionals in an innovative and fast-growing international technology company;
- A dynamic and pleasant professional environment with room for initiative and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people;
- The opportunity to gain experience in one of the fastest growing ICT sectors, with international and iconic clients and projects;
- Work in the center of Amsterdam;
- Healthy work-life balance;
- Free lunch and Friday afternoon drinks;
- Participation in a pension program;
- For international applicants that qualify – we manage your application for 30% tax free income (subject to approval by the Dutch Tax Authorities).
To apply for this job, send your application with motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.