Are you a devops engineer looking for a challenge in a mission-critical environment? Does a technical scale up environment makes you tick? Are you keen to apply your talents for maintaining and monitoring the installed base of more than 25.000 devices worldwide of our high-availability smart buildings technology? Do you believe that buildings can become your personal assistant? Read on.
bGrid is a fast-growing technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. The company was founded in 2015 based on the conviction that working becomes more efficient and enjoyable by designing smart buildings that are good for the environment, the occupants of the building and the building owners. bGrid has achieved this through a smart sensor network that can be integrated with the known building management systems and lighting on one hand, and interact with individual users on the other. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces aka “Internet of Things (IoT)” solutions. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate.
You will work closely with our developers and project engineers to secure a smooth-running development, test, acceptance and production environments. You will work on designing, selecting, implementing, configuring, testing, maintaining and monitoring our smart buildings throughout the world. You will be part of our operations team of experienced professionals – who focus on continuous improvement of our operational systems and CI/CD processes.
In this role your responsibilities are to:
- deploy product updates, identify production issues and implement integrations that meet business needs;
- execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely;
- build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- monitor the systems performance and provide level 2 technical support;
- perform root cause analysis for production errors, investigate and resolve technical issues;
- develop scripts to automate visualization;
- design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
As devops engineer at bGrid, you will report to our Operations Manager.
For this position bGrid is looking for candidates with an engineering degree of an accredited university and at least 5 years of relevant software and IT systems engineering experience, who is familiar with with CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code, scripting and databases. Flexibility, enthusiasm and can-do mentality are essential. In addition, you bring the following:
- good knowledge of Python and Ansible (or similar alternatives);
- working knowledge of databases and SQL, networking and security;
- good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- ability to work with an international, diverse team;
- curious about technology, eager to learn and able to work autonomously;
- comfortable with working under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
The opportunity to gain experience in one of the fastest growing ICT sectors, in a company with international and iconic clients and projects;
- Be part of a team of young, enthusiastic professionals in an innovative and fast growing international technology company;
- Enjoy a dynamic and pleasant professional environment with room for initiative and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people;
- Gain experience in one of the fastest growing ICT sectors, with international and iconic clients and projects;
- Work in the center of Amsterdam;
- Healthy work-life balance (on average);
- Free lunch and Friday afternoon drinks;
- Participation in a pension program;
- A competitive salary commensurate with the position and the experience of the candidate.
‘We want you to play a set of fun games to measure the fit for the job and our company. We believe in the idea that data from predictive hiring helps you as an applicant, and our company, to find the perfect fit’. Please click here -> https://app.equalture.com/en/vacancies/devops-engineer-bgrid-ca6e32/apply
To apply for this job, send your application with motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated