Embedded Software Test Engineer
Are you a software test engineer looking for a challenge? Does a technical scaleup environment makes you tick? Do you believe that the buildings can become your personal assistant? Are you keen to apply your talents for testing our innovative smart buildings technology? Do you have a “test to break” attitude and high-quality standards? Read on.
bGrid is a fast-growing technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. The company was founded in 2015 based on the conviction that working becomes more efficient and enjoyable by designing smart buildings that are good for the environment, the occupants of the building and the building owners. bGrid has achieved this through a smart sensor network that can be integrated with the known building management systems and lighting on one hand, and interact with individual users on the other. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces aka “Internet of Things (IoT)” solutions. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate.
You will be responsible for our software test foundation. You are an action-oriented individual who takes initiative and is eager to manage all our testing activities. You will conduct tests, analyze the results, and report observations to the development team. You will set-up the test facility, develop the test plan, write test scripts and perform integration and regression tests.
In this role you are responsible for:
- Review software requirements, specifications and technical design documents;
- Create test plans and test cases for new and existing products;
- Execute tests on software usability;
- Plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts;
- Analyzing test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability;
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
As software test engineer at bGrid, you will report to our Engineering Manager.
- BSc degree in computer science/engineering or equilvalent experience;
- Miniumum of two years relevant experience as software test engineer;
- Demonstrated ability in writing test plans and test cases for embedded systems;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Experience in embedded testing and wireless communications (especially BLE) is a pré;
- Knowledge in operating systems (Linux, Windows);
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to work with an international, diverse team;
- Curious about technology, eager to learn; and able to work autonomously;
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a team of young, enthusiastic professionals in an innovative and fast growing international technology company;
- A dynamic and pleasant professional environment with room for initiative and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people;
- The opportunity to gain experience in one of the fastest growing ICT sectors, with international and iconic clients and projects;
- Work in the center of Amsterdam;
- Healthy work-life balance (on average);
- Free lunch and Friday afternoon drinks;
- Participation in a pension program;
- A competitive salary commensurate with the position and the experience of the candidate.
To apply for this job, send your application with motivation letter to email@example.com. For inquiries please contact Sari Ahokas at telephone 020-8881214.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated