Are you an experienced financial controller eager to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures? Congratulations! Does a technical scale up environment makes you tick? Read on.
bGrid is a fast-growing technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. The company was founded in 2015 based on the conviction that working becomes more efficient and enjoyable by designing smart buildings that are good for the environment, the occupants of the building and the building owners. bGrid has achieved this through a smart sensor network that can be integrated with the known building management systems and lighting on one hand, and interact with individual users on the other. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces aka “Internet of Things (IoT)” solutions. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition;
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances;
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements;
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting;
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance;
- Manage month-end and year-end close process;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Additional controller duties as necessary;
The controller of bGrid reports to our CEO.
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Dutch accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- The opportunity to become part of a team of young, enthusiastic professionals in an innovative and fast growing international technology company;
- A dynamic and pleasant professional environment with room for initiative and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people;
- The opportunity to gain experience in one of the fastest growing ICT sectors, with international and iconic clients and projects;
- Work in the center of Amsterdam;
- Healthy work-life balance (on average);
- Free lunch and Friday afternoon drinks;
- Participation in a pension program;
- A competitive salary commensurate with the position and the experience of the candidate.
To apply for this job, send your application with motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries please contact Bart Melis at telephone 020-8881214.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.