Head of Technology
Interested in becoming the Head of Technology for an amazing prop-tech company in Amsterdam?
We are bGrid and we like to do things a little different. For example, our technology makes commercial real estate smarter, more intuitive, and greener, so everyone can benefit from it. Do you want to be part of an enthusiastic group of purpose driven and creative people who are busy every day to realize the world’s smartest buildings? Where everyone proactively goes the extra mile to achieve the best result for our customers? Where we work together and celebrate success?
In this role you will be responsible to:
• Define the technical strategy together with the bGrid leadership team
• Ensure bGrid stays ahead of the game by deploying the latest technology
• Design, own and drive the technology roadmap in alignment with the product roadmap
• Develop and manage the high-level architectural specifications
• Avoid and fix technical debt
• Set up and maintain a high performing software development organisation
• Lead the engineering, DevOps and product teams
• Guard the quality, privacy compliance and security of our solution
• Interact with sales and operations functions
Does this sound like you? (You should tick at least half of the below boxes)
• 10+ years of technology experience and 5+ years in leading engineers and product owners
• You have affinity with smart buildings and/or building technology or other products that have a long life cycle
• You have work experience at an IoT organisation (or building / industrial automation) and / or you have a deep understanding of all building technologies that relate to climate, lighting, comfort, and building utilization.
• You have a background in SaaS solutions, and experience with cloud-based software products, preferably Microsoft Azure, but also a great business-sense and affinity with the product.
• You like the dynamic environment of a scale-up, preferably you have worked in a scale-up before
• You are able to keep track of the roadmap and are able to prioritize the urgent short term (e.g. organisational) versus the strategic long term roadmap
• You have the ability to combine the insights of sales, technology, and customers, and translate this into our roadmap
• You drive innovation, but also understand the procedures and processes required to scrutinize the innovations prior to market release
• Security: secure programming practices, pen testing, ISO 27001, OWASP, GDPR, data privacy
• Energetic, pro-active, committed and inspiring personality. You are a natural, authentic leader and role model for your team, to develop and promote a culture of ownership.
• Experience with growing (international) teams and hiring talent
• Knowledge of AI: machine learning, deep learning, training data, model validation
• These keywords make you smile; Python, Azure, Azure DevOps, code reviews & testing, git and branching strategies, Microservices / Distributed applications, MySQL, Java (springboot), Redis, NoSQL, Docker, C++ and Bluetooth, Embedded development, CI/CD pipelines, test automation, .NET.
What we offer:
• Leadership role in a team of ambitious and creative people
• Opportunity to grow with the company into the role of CTO
• Hybrid working: from home and in the office
• Office in center of Amsterdam close to tram and metro, secure bicycle parking
• 28 vacation days and an extra day off on your birthday
• Pension scheme and additional insurance
• Personal and professional development
• Team and social events
Apply by clicking the button below. We like to hear everything about you and why you would like to join bGrid.
When we see a match, we will invite you for a remote intro meeting to introduce bGrid, get to know you and discuss the role. We like to bSwift – so we keep you informed about the procedure along the way.