Are you a project manager looking for a challenge? Does a technical scaleup environment makes you tick? Do you believe that the buildings can become your personal assistant? Are you keen to apply your talents for managing international project implementations of our smart buildings technology? Are you punctual, disciplined, cost conscious and do you resist to pressure? Read on.
bGrid is a fast-growing technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. The company was founded in 2015 based on the conviction that working becomes more efficient and enjoyable by designing smart buildings that are good for the environment, the users of the building and the building owners. bGrid achieves this through a smart sensor network that can be integrated with the known building management systems and lighting on one hand, and interact with individual users on the other. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces aka “Internet of Things” solutions. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate.
You will be responsible for coordinating the turn-key delivery of our systems in commercial real estate projects across Europe. You are an action-oriented individual who takes initiative and is eager to manage all aspects of a successful project delivery. In each of the projects you will focus on planning, budget, quality and delivery of our commercial objectives, and you will work closely with the stakeholders in other functional areas. Some of these projects are delivered in cooperation with partner companies. Your responsibilities will include representing bGrid in these collaborations and managing the relationships with these partners.
In this role you are responsible for:
- Schedule, track and maintain multiple projects over varying schedules serving a wide variety of customers. Project phases include planning, estimating, design, production & shipping, installation, start-up, programming, commissioning, sign-off & hand-over, warranty and operations;
- Manage the financial performance of the projects against agreed budgets;
- Manage the alignment with contractors, sub-contractors and other suppliers to the building project;
- Manage material resources and vendors;
- Manage the projects with good understanding of project staging, progressive billing, and work load limitations;
- Proactively seek or develop innovative solutions to lead the bGrid team in overcoming challenges in field installation;
- Participate in pre-bid reviews meetings;
- Analyse plans, construction schedules, contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements;
- Manage the hand-over and completion of all project close-out documentation such as “as-built” drawings, program backups and system operating instructions;
- As a leader, uphold bGrid’s values and strong work ethic and a driving sense of urgency;
- Provide input to stakeholders on selecting tools to monitor, configure and maintain our systems;
- Provide input to stakeholders on developing automation solutions for the installation, upgrade and testing of our systems.
As project manager at bGrid, you will report to our Operations Manager.
For this position bGrid is looking for candidates with a degree in engineering of an accredited university and at least 5 years of relevant project management experience, who like to get involved with new and innovative concepts. Flexibility, enthusiasm and good communication skills are essential. In addition, you bring the following:
- Ability communicate in a clear, professional, and persuasive manner, both verbally and in written communications;
- You are willing to push the status quo whilst setting the example for your colleague project managers, and willing to lead the improvements;
- Excellent contracting skills;
- Ability to proactively and effectively manage relationships with contractors, sub-contractors and other suppliers in large, complex building projects;
- Ability to maintain clear focus on scope-of-supply and delivery commitments;
- Ability to handle high-level project decisions, as well as decisions of details where they matter;
- Ability to perform as a responsive, flexible team player;
- Experience with professionally structured project life-cycle processes, including project initiation documentation and accountability handovers between functional areas;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Previous experience with IT systems or Building Automation systems is a plus.
- A good understanding of the construction industry of the build environment and its stakeholders is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to work with an international, diverse team;
- Curious about technology, eager to learn; and able to work autonomously;
- Comfort with working under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a team of young, enthusiastic professionals in an innovative and fast growing international technology company;
- A dynamic and pleasant professional environment with room for initiative and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people;
- The opportunity to gain experience in one of the fastest growing ICT sectors, with international and iconic clients and projects;
- Ability to work in the heart of Amsterdam;
- Healthy work-life balance (on average);
- Free lunch;
- Participation in a pension program;
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with the position and the experience of the candidate.
To apply for this job, send your application with motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For inquiries please contact Karl van Ginderdeuren at telephone 020-8881214.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated