Senior Commissioning Engineer
bGrid is looking for a ‘Senior Commissioning Engineer’ to join our team of Electronics, Software, Mechanical and Industrial Design Engineers in Amsterdam. bGrid is constantly developing and improving their products and services that form the basis of smart buildings. Buildings that are healthy, comfortable, productive and energy efficient. Via a high-density wireless sensor node network and modern IT infrastructure, it’s made visible what is happening inside the building. Based on that data all kind of services can be offered to users, building managers, contractors and real-estate developers. In this role you will work together in a multi-disciplinary team on the implementation of our Smart Building Solution, from engineering stage through testing and delivery.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the commissioning stage of our projects, when we bring to life the bGrid system that has been installed for the customer project and ensure that the system is delivering to the functional specification agreed with the customer.
This role has extensive interaction with external parties, most specifically the contractor who has installed our equipment to test and ensure the installation is correct and to remedy any errors. Interaction with other (sub-)contractors in the construction chain is also common. Within the bGrid team, this role will work in coordination with the project manager for each project, the technical team developing, improving and supporting the product, and the operations team who support the process and take ownership of the completed project.
In this position, in addition to the task mentioned above (the execution aspects), we will look for you to guide the refinement of our commissioning process and refine the tools needed execute the process effectively and efficiently. Furthermore, the role will also have team lead responsibilities, ensuring the proper development of the commissioning team and the consistent delivery of its activities.
The role will be based on our Amsterdam office, but will involve about 50% site work at our project locations, both in the Netherlands and for international projects.
For this position bGrid is looking for an engineer with a background in Computer Science, Technical Informatics or Electronics, who likes to get involved with exciting concepts applied at well-known companies. Flexibility, enthusiasm and good technical skills and a thirst for solving problems are important. We are looking for someone with 3 or more years of experience, and will assess your profile relative to the following attributes:
- Knowledge of electronics and networking;
- Familiarity with building control systems;
- Experience with databases, SQL queries and scripting ;
- Ability to take a hands-on approach and dive into details where needed;
- Ability define problems with facts and trouble-shoot situations to achieve solutions;
- Experience in dealing with (building) contractors and handling customer-facing discussions;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work;
- Ability to work in both English (and preferably Dutch, other languages are a plus);
- The ability to collaborate with others internally and externally;
- An interest in broadening your horizons.
- Working with a leader in IoT innovations;
- Working in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to work within a dynamic company with an open and informal work atmosphere;
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 12 nationalities;
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- Participation in a pension program;
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks;
For international applicants that qualify – we manage your application for 30% tax free income (subject to approval by the Dutch Tax Authorities).
bGrid is a technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. bGrid develops, markets and sells smart building products and services that use state-of-the-art communications technology, with focus on controls, remote monitoring and “Internet of Things” solutions. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate, education, airports, hospitals, laboratories and other buildings.
bGrid’s team of 60 professionals operates in a dynamic professional environment with room for initiative, independence in decision-making and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people.
We are growing and find ourselves in an exciting industry that is experiencing rapid changes through technical breakthroughs.