Senior Project Manager
At bGrid’s Headquarters in the center of Amsterdam we’re looking for a Senior Project Manager. We deliver a market leading Smart Building Infrastructure solution that consists of several integrated systems. As a Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for coordinating the turn-key delivery of our systems in commercial projects across Europe.
This is a broad, multifaceted role, in which you will join a Fast Growing Organization with a team of dedicated Professionals. In each of the projects you will focus on planning, budget, quality and delivery of our commercial objectives, and you will work closely with the stakeholders in other functional areas. Some of these projects are delivered in cooperation with partner companies. Your responsibilities will include representing bGrid in these collaborations, and managing the relationships with these partners.
You will report to our Chief Operating Officer.
As a Senior Project Manager at bGrid, your responsibilities will include:
- Schedule, track and maintain multiple projects over varying schedules serving a wide variety of customers. Project phases include planning, estimating, design, production, installation, start-up, programming, commissioning, turnover and warranty;
- Manage the financial performance of the projects against agreed budgets;
- Manage the alignment with contractors, sub-contractors and other suppliers to the building project;
- Manage material resources and vendors;
- Manage the projects with good understanding of project staging, progressive billing, and work loading limitations;
- Proactively seek or develop innovative solutions to lead the bGrid team in overcoming challenges in field installation;
- Participate in pre-bid reviews meetings;
- Analyze plans, construction schedules, contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements;
- Manage the hand-over and completion of all project close-out documentation such as “as-built” drawings, program backups and system operating instructions;
- As a leader, uphold bGrid’s values and strong work ethic and a driving sense of urgency;
- Provide input to stakeholders on selecting tools to monitor, configure and maintain our systems;
- Provide input to stakeholders on developing automation solutions for the installation, upgrade and testing of our systems.
Your profile as Senior Project Manager
For this position bGrid is looking for candidates with a degree in engineering of an accredited university and at least 5 years of relevant project management experience, who like to get involved with new and innovative concepts. Flexibility, enthusiasm and good communication skills are important. In addition you bring the following:
- Ability communicate in a clear, professional, and persuasive manner, both verbally and in written communications;
- Excellent contracting skills;
- Ability to proactively and effectively manage relationships with contractors, sub-contractors and other suppliers in large, complex building projects;
- Ability to maintain clear focus on scope-of-supply and delivery commitments;
- Ability to handle high-level project decisions, as well as decisions of details where they matter;
- Ability to perform as a responsive, flexible team player;
- Experience with professionally structured project life-cycle processes, including project initiation documentation and accountability hand-overs between functional areas;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Communication skills in English;
- Previous experience with IT systems or Building Automation systems is a plus.
- Working with the worldwide market leader in smart building technology;
- A good benefits package with competitive salary;
- Participation in a pension program;
- The opportunity to work within a dynamic company with an open and informal work atmosphere;
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 12 nationalities;
- Good equipment;
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks;
For international applicants that qualify – we manage your application for 30% tax free income (subject to approval by the Dutch Tax Authorities).
bGrid is a technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. bGrid develops, markets and sells smart building products and services that use state-of-the-art communications technology, with focus on controls, remote monitoring and “Internet of Things” solutions. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate, education, airports, hospitals, laboratories and other buildings.
bGrid’s team of 60 professionals operates in a dynamic professional environment with room for initiative, independence in decision-making and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people.
We are growing and find ourselves in an exciting industry that is experiencing rapid changes through technical breakthroughs.