Are you an Experienced Team Leader of Java Software Developers and ready for a New Step in your career ? Do you have a Passion for Technology, Innovation and High Performance IT Systems and do you want to be part of a Fast Growing Organization with a team of dedicated Professionals ? Then we like to talk with you.
At bGrid’s Headquarters in the center of Amsterdam we’re looking for a Software Architect, preferably with Linux Experience. We deliver a market leading Smart Building Infrastructure solution that consists of several integrated systems. As a Software Architect you will be one of the key members of our Product Management Team. You will work closely with our Developers, Testers, Project Engineers, Commissioning Engineers and our Operations Team in shaping and improving our solutions, and getting them ready for our next wave of projects.
You will report to one of our MT members.
- Develop high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms;
- Plan, manage and provide detail architectural design to cross functional engineering teams – set and drive the technical vision for the solutions;
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to drive solutions and requirements;
- Guide the implementation of transformation of our existing platform to a new microservices distributed framework;
- Lead/review design requirements to ensure services exhibit expected levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment;
- Analyze and define services and interfaces;
- Guide our Java software developers in writing awesome code;
- Provide input to stakeholders on selecting tools to monitor, configure and maintain our systems;
- Provide input to stakeholders on developing automation solutions for the installation, upgrade and testing of our systems;
- Investigate, explain and present complex technical subjects and processes.
Your profile as Software Architect
- Expert-level experience with coding of complex applications, especially Java. Strong and proven object oriented development skills;
- Experience with microservice architectures;
- Ability to make high-level design choices, as well as choices in coding details where they matter;
- Experience with containerized applications using Docker, Kubernetes or other similar tooling;
- Experience with event-driven applications using queues, service bus and other related patterns;
- A responsive, flexible team player that is entrepreneurial and self-starting;
- Experience with professionally structured software development processes, including release management and testing;
- Experience with working with Linux operating systems;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Sound knowledge of IT Security;
- Communication skills in English.
- Working with the worldwide market leader in smart building technology;
- A good benefits package with competitive salary;
- Participation in a pension program;
- The opportunity to work within a dynamic company with an open and informal work atmosphere;
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 12 nationalities;
- Good equipment;
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks;
For international applicants that qualify – we manage your application for 30% tax free income (subject to approval by the Dutch Tax Authorities).
bGrid is a technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. bGrid develops, markets and sells smart building products and services that use state-of-the-art communications technology, with focus on controls, remote monitoring and “Internet of Things” solutions. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate, education, airports, hospitals, laboratories and other buildings.
bGrid’s team of 60 professionals operates in a dynamic professional environment with room for initiative, independence in decision-making and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people.
We are growing and find ourselves in an exciting industry that is experiencing rapid changes through technical breakthroughs.