Software Engineer Embedded Systems
bGrid is looking for a ‘Software Engineer Embedded Systems’ to join our team of Electronics, Software, Mechanical and Industrial Design Engineers in Amsterdam. bGrid is constantly developing and improving their products and services that form the basis of smart buildings: buildings that are healthy, comfortable, productive and energy efficient. Via a high-density wireless sensor node network and modern IT infrastructure, it’s made visible what is happening inside the building. Based on that data all kind of services can be offered to users, building managers, contractors and real-estate developers.
In this role you will work together in a multi-disciplinary team on the development of our Smart Building Solution, from concept stage through pilot testing and productizing. Specifically, you will be responsible for the development of the embedded software in the heart of our solution, as well as the implementation of this software and the test scenarios.
For this position bGrid is looking for an engineer, specialized in Embedded Systems, Computer Science, Technical Informatics or Electronics, who likes to get involved with exciting concepts applied at well-known companies. Flexibility, enthusiasm and good technical skills are important. In addition, you bring the following:
- Experience in developing software for embedded applications;
- Knowledge of C and C++;
- Knowledge of Electronics and Linux is advantageous;
- Ability to take a hands-on approach and dive into details where needed;
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work;
- Good working knowledge of English (written and verbal) with the ability to collaborate with others internally and externally;
- An interest in broadening your horizon.
- Working with the worldwide market leader in smart building technology based on IoT;
- Working in the heart of Amsterdam;
- The opportunity to work within a dynamic company with an open and informal work atmosphere;
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 12 nationalities;
- A good benefits package with competitive salary;
- Participation in a pension program;
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks;
- Good equipment.
For international applicants that qualify – we manage your application for 30% tax free income (subject to approval by the Dutch Tax Authorities).
bGrid is a technology and innovation company based in Amsterdam. bGrid develops, markets and sells smart building products and services that use state-of-the-art communications technology, with focus on controls, remote monitoring and “Internet of Things” solutions. To support the delivery of these products and services, bGrid develops mobile devices and sensor units, data management systems, data processing algorithms and data interfaces. bGrid works in cooperation with international technology partners and integrators, and executes projects for commercial real estate, education, airports, hospitals, laboratories and other buildings.
bGrid’s team of 60 professionals operates in a dynamic professional environment with room for initiative, independence in decision-making and daily exposure to innovative ideas and motivated people.
We are growing and find ourselves in an exciting industry that is experiencing rapid changes through technical breakthroughs.