Do you have a passion for Technology, Innovation and High Performance IT Operations ?
At bGrid’s Headquarters in the center of Amsterdam we’re looking for a Systems Engineer with Linux Experience.As a Systems Engineer you work closely with our Developers and Project Engineers in smoothly running development-, test-, acceptance- and production environments. Doing this by designing, building and maintaining cutting-edge infrastructure services. You will work on designing, configuring, creating, testing. tooling and monitoring high-availability systems in a mission-critical environment.
You will be part of our Operations Team of experienced professionals – who focus on continuous improvement of our operational systems and work processes.
- Design, install, configure, test and maintain Linux systems, both physical and virtual servers and network equipment;
- Provide input on selecting systems architecture, as required;
- Create tools to monitor, configure and maintain;
- Develop automation solutions for product installation, upgrade, and testing;
- Test the infrastructure and write and maintain technical documentation;
- Troubleshoot hardware, software or network issues to resolution and make recommendations for systems modifications;
- Identify and track vulnerabilities;
- Work closely with our software (Agile/Scrum) teams and provide support necessary to the users;
- Follow the industry trends in the online world;
- Investigate, explain and present complex technical subjects and processes.
Your profile as Systems Engineer
- Experience with Linux and knowledge about Linux system admin;
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments;
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services;
- Strong grasp of configuration management tools;
- Experience with monitoring and deployment tools – like Zabbix, Docker and Jenkins or similar;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks;
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking;
- Scripting experience (Python / Bash);
- Sound knowledge of IT Security;
- Communication skills in English.
- Working with the worldwide market leader in smart building technology;
- A good benefits package with competitive salary;
- Participation in a pension program;
- The opportunity to work within a dynamic company with an open and informal work atmosphere;
A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 12 nationalities;